Results and products:
Main project result is an innovative, transferable learning model for telematics in motor vehicles that both translates vehicle technology and digital content into competences and skills as well as transfers those competences into learning units and applies them in practical training. This will break down the supposed separation between mechanics and ICT in automotive engineering. Through the model, trainees and Bachelor students may learn practically in telematics applications in motor vehicles. The model consists of the following components:
VET-curriculum for a learning unit regarding vehicle telematics
- VET-curriculum learning unit vehicle telematics
- Learning contents
- Learning objectives
- Learning results
Digital learning tool “telematics-kit“
- A mobile box
- IT background technology (server)
- A web-based application (App).
Learning units and didactical manual for the telematics module
- Learning units & didactical manual telematics module
Application scenarios are derived according to typical workflows in company practice for installation, maintenance/error diagnostics and repair of vehicle telematics systems. They represent the thematic fields of the 12 learning units of telematics. The didactic manual summarises the learning units along with the learning and working tasks, the learning materials and didactic instructions. Further, it also picks up the module curriculum and technical documentation of the telematics kits. The focus is on learning and work tasks that are implemented with the telematics kit.
Telematics module for Bachelor students and guidelines on the use of the telematics-kit in higher education
- Telematics module Bachelor & guidelines use telematics-kit in higher education
The telematics module for Bachelor students illustrates, how vehicle telematics contents can be conveyed action-oriented and practice-based on the Bachelor level (for example in the course of the study program automotive engineering). The module uses the telematics kit, which will be developed in the project, as a learning medium. Parallel to this, suggestions for a strengthened cooperation and permeability between VET and higher education will be made.
Conclusions and recommendations
- Conclusions & recommendations
Based on the lessons learnt from the development and testing of the new learning model, the partnership will formulate conclusions and recommendations on how to integrate new digital contents into VET and what digital innovations require from the VET’s framework.
All institutions in the partnership are involved in the dissemination of the results.
Press & Publications about Car-2-Lab
The project „Car-2-Lab“ on the Erasmus+ Project Results Platform: Linkin Germany:
- Article Telematik für Profis
Berlin-Brandenburgisches Handwerk 1-2/2017
- Article Visions of E-Mobility Telematik Kompetenz als Grundbaustein
NewsMagazin “E-MAIL” Issue 13, 1-2017
- On the website of the HTW Berlin
- On the website and in the news of the associated partner eMO-Agentur Berlin
- Project pesentation in the event NQuE Werkstatt – Erfahrungsaustausch in der Berufsbildung 2017 on 3 March 2017 in Cologne
- Project flyer, Poster and Blog of the Italian partner PSSG
- Project pesentation at the fair MECSPE Parma (International fair for special mechanics) from 23 to 25 March 2017
- Project pesentation in the open house day of ZSS on 23 March 2017 and at the Poznan education fair (from 24 to 26 March 2017)